• Avant Browser 10 with tiny toolbar

    I finally sat down to find a solution to a problem that been bothering me for a while now. Sometimes I see a URL in a web site (this mostly happens in forums or blogs), which is not a link, so if you want to see it, you must copy and paste it.

    Avant Browser version 10 came with a little toolbar that sometimes show near your selection, but this toolbar is not predictable - I couldn’t figure out when exactly Avant decides to show it, and it only has a Search button. Normally, when Google is searched for a URL, this URL is opened, but I don’t want to count on this.

    So, what I did is creating a file in d:\winnt\web named OpenThisURL.html, with the following content:

    And I also added a new registry key to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt named “Open This &URL” with default value set to d:\WINNT\Web\OpenThisURL.html. I also added a binary value named Contexts, with its value set to “10 00 00″. Now, after restarting the browser, selecting the URL text, and right-clicking adds an “Open This URL” menu item, which opens it in another window.

    This even works well in Avant Browser.

    Fix Computer Problem as well as get support to Increase your Internet speed online by Microsoft Certified technicians 24x7.

    More on Avant Explorer>>

    Avant Browser + Firefox = Dr. Orca

    Avant Browser 11.6.13: free browser

1 comments:

  1. Unknown says:

    Now i'm using the new version of Avant Browser and i think it's really good. One issue is if Avant Browser is closed improperly, all open web pages are saved and will be automatically reopened at next startup. I got from here: Avant Browser

Leave a Reply

Popular Posts